We offer a wide range of services:
Abi Phillips Managing Director purchased BRITISH GOLD AWARD winning agents Holmes and Castle after setting up the initial business and working as the manager in September 2017. Having worked in the property sector for over 20 years and gaining experience in sales, lettings and property management, as well as project managing property refurbishments.
We pride ourselves on offering a professional, dedicated and, above all else, a very personal service, Holmes and Castle is committed to obtaining the very best results for our clients as well as offering expert advice on all property matters.
Holmes and Castle’s ethos has always been community and supporting local grassroots projects. Meaning with your help we are improving the local community, supporting and donating to local charities.
Our aim is to provide a first class service, professional and honest advise to sellers and buyers, with a fresh approach, offering a transparent service with no hidden fees or unnecessary costs. When it comes to our business, our reputation is built on trust and integrity. It is what gives our clients, colleagues, investors the confidence to work with us.
Our services for Landlords
- No hidden Fees, transparent and honest
- A full management and maintenance service for landlords
- Less void periods and loss of revenue
- Making the most of your investment
- Advice and expertise spanning 20 years
- Established relationships with competitive contractors
- Expertly matched property to tenant
- Protected rental income with rent guarantee Insurance provided.
FULLY MANAGED: 10%
SET UP FEE OF £300
- Source suitable tenants
- Fully reference tenants with Homelet, including credit report
- Prepare Occupation Contracts
- Collect and remit the monthly rent received
- Pursue non payment of rent & provide advice of rent arrears actions
- Deduct commission and other works
- Advise all relevant utility providers of changes
- Undertaken regular inspection visits and notify Landlords of outcomes
- Arrange repairs and instruct contractors when required
- Rent guarantee policies available *please request further information*
- Outsourced Inventory £65.00
- Outsourced EPC £65.00 ready for advertising
- Gas safety Record: £70 + VAT
- Electrical Safety Certificate £160
- Legionnaires Report £90
- Landlords need to register their property with Rent Smart Wales.
Our services to tenants
- Thorough understanding of your requirements
- Genuine match to properties within that criteria
- Expert local knowledge for amenities and schools
- Up front disclosure of costs and agreements
- Full professional support and advice for the duration of your tenancy
- Customer care contact
- Highly skilled contactors for all required maintenance
We're in the business of property to ensure all stakeholders in the rental process benefit. It isn't just a numbers game for us, it is homes, people and relationship management.
Established in 2017, Holmes and Castle was established by owner Abi Phillips. Abi has 20 years of experience in the letting, sales and property refurbishment sectors and has successfully managed a steady and organic growth of this respected local business earning a flawless reputation for property management.
To demonstrate Holmes and Castles commitment to the local area the business supports projects by donating proportionate profits back into local grassroot initiatives and charities.
The Tenant Fees Act bans most letting fees and caps tenancy deposits paid by tenants in the private rented sector in England.
The ban on tenant fees applies to new or renewed tenancy agreements signed on or after 1 June 2019.
The government’s Tenant Fees Act 2019: guidance helps explain how this legislation affects tenants, landlords and letting agents. You might also find the How to rent guide and How to let guide useful.
The aim of the Act is to reduce the costs that tenants can face at the outset, and throughout, a tenancy. Tenants will be able to see, at a glance, what a given property will cost them in the advertised rent with no hidden costs.
The party that contracts the service – the landlord – will be responsible for paying for that service, helping ensure the fees charged reflect the real economic value of the services provided and sharpen letting agents’ incentive to compete for landlords’ business.
Local enforcement authorities have primary responsibility for enforcing this legislation. The Tenant Fees Act created an independent lead enforcement authority to provide advice and information to local authorities on the Act. Bristol City Council has been appointed as the lead enforcement authority for lettings.
From 1 June 2019, the only payments that landlords or letting agents can charge to tenants in relation to new contracts are:
- a refundable tenancy deposit capped at no more than 5 weeks’ rent where the total annual rent is less than £50,000, or 6 weeks’ rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above
- a refundable holding deposit (to reserve a property) capped at no more than 1 week’s rent
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant
- payments capped at £50 (or reasonably incurred costs, if higher) for the variation, assignment or novation of a tenancy
- payments in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and Council Tax
- a default fee for late payment of rent and replacement of a lost key/security device giving access to the housing, where required under a tenancy agreement